Unit: In Pursuit
* Understanding Informational Text Elements
* Figurative Language
* Connotation & Denotation
Spelling Assigned & Explained. Due 9/28
CCSS Vocabulary Assigned. Worksheet due 9/29. Quiz 9/29
"The Pearl" Reading & Discussion (C.W.)
-Vocabulary & Questions Assigned 9/25. Due 10/4
Students, as promised, you will have time this week to work on long term projects. Come prepared!
* Lesson IV Study Guide Assigned/ In Class Review 9/25
* Test 9/26
Unit: "The Decline of Feudalism"
Herein, you will learn to
- understand & describe English legal and constitutional developments, such as the Magna Carta, the establishment of parliament & their impact on Feudalism-explain how the bubonic plague spread from Central Asia to Europe, and describe the impact it had on the population of Europe and on Feudalism.
- explain how the Hundred Years' War weakened the feudal system in France & England
* Preview/Reading Notes 5.2 9/27
* Reading Notes 5.3-5.4 9/28
* Processing/ Working on assigned DBQ 9/29-10/2
* DBQ due 10/3
* After School Study Session 9/25
* Book Talk due 10/2. Assigned 9/1
* Monthly Grammar Standards Assigned 9/1. Due 10/2
*Please continue to add to your webs as you encounter new & fascinating dimensions to the personality of the characters you run into! Do support all claims with textual evidence-thank you!