Happy New Year !
As always, I just can't seem to find the right words to express my gratitude. Once again, I resort to outside help...
"I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks; and ever thanks."
Dear students, please know that I thoroughly enjoyed every gift- the teas, the gift cards, chocolates, other exquisite ornaments & souvenirs, and all the lovely home made goodies. But more importantly, I want to thank you for your thoughtful & heartwarming notes. They, truly, made the season brighter!
I do want to take this opportunity to thank each one of you for working to the best of your ability as we persevere to unravel the marvels of Study Sync. Students, instead of questioning my style & experimentation with the new curriculum (always, always, with the honest intent of making it interesting), you have surprised me by going along & enjoying the, sometimes, bumpy ride with me-for this I am grateful!
Here's wishing you a world that is filled with peace, open-mindedness & kindness!
* Monthly Grammar Review 1/9. Standards Assigned. Due 2/5
* Book Talk (January) Assigned & Explained. 9/9. Due 2/12. Book Check 9/11
Unit: Research/Persuasive & Argumentative Techniques
-Procedures & Protocol Explained & Work Assigned
-Debate Terms Quiz 1/10
-Topics Discussed & Selected 1/10
- In Class Research 1/10-1/12. Students, please do spend 15-20 minutes everyday augmenting class work.
-Typed/Printed & Completed Research checked 1/15
* Spelling Assigned & Explained 1/9. Due 1/12
* Grammar Review (C.W.)
* Vocabulary Assigned. Quiz 1/11
Herein, you will learn to:
* define cultural diffusion and illustrate the concept by describing how cultural elements were transmitted from India, China & Korea to Japan
* describe the significance of Japan's proximity to China & Korea and the intellectual, religious and philosophical influences of those countries on Japan
* discuss the reign of Prince Shotoku & the characteristics of Japanese society and family life during his reign
* Geography Challenge 1/9
* Preview/ Reading Notes 20.2-20.3 1/10
* Reading Notes 20.4-20.7 1/11
* Reading Notes 20.8-20.10 1/12
* Processing/Study Guide Assigned 1/16
* Test 1/17
* Monthly Grammar Standards due 1/9