Skill Addressed : Herein, you will learn to
1. Recognize parts of speech
2. Utilize etymological information
3. Differentiate among given synonyms
Work Assigned & Explained 11/6
Work on Exercises 11/6-11/8 (All work will be done in class)
* Quadrants Assigned 11/9
* Work on Quadrants 11/13-11/15
* Quadrants due 1/15. Test (1-III)- 1/16
In Class Project "The Study of Characters"
Project Assigned & Explained 11/6
Work on Project 11/7-11/8. Due 11/9
Students, we will begin our next unit from Study Sync ("The Powers that Be") this week! Most all work on this unit will be done in class. Our overall focus will be to understand theme, the elements of a good story & how structure in poetry & drama contribute to it's meaning.
* "I, Too, Sing America" 11/8-11/19
* "Gladiator" 11/13-15
* " The Lottery" 11/16 -
Work with a partner on upcoming book talk 11/17. As promised, you will have one period to collaborate with your partner. Chalk out a timeline, divvy up work, and delegate responsibilities; this students will ensure a fine end product!
Unit: "The Contributions of Muslims to World Civilizations"
Herein you will
* learn about the conditions that led to the cultural blending in Islamic civilization
* trace the growth of cities and the importance of trade routes in the Muslim World
* describe Muslim contributions to world civilization in learning & scholarship, science & technology, mathematics, medicine, the arts, and recreation
-Reading /Work on Reading Notes 11/8-11/14
-DBQ Assigned & Explained 11/9.
Work on DBQ 11/14-11/16. Due 11/17 This is lieu of your essay question, do well!